This inhouse face-to-face training will provide delegates with the skills to confidently undertake investigations using open source techniques and present the material obtained in a manner that will withstand scrutiny in a criminal court or civil tribunal. Due diligence, compliance issues, know your customer and internal investigations will be thoroughly complimented by this training.
Opsimathy Ltd is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers Ref No: 10081610
This is suitable for those people conducting the following types of investigations:
- Human trafficking.
- Online child protection.
- Corporate investigation.
- Retail investigation.
- Regulation sectors.
- Private investigation.
- Non-regulated sectors applying the risk-based approach.
Benefits to delegates and your organisation:
- Low cost bespoke training for your organisation.
- Training can be held at a venue of your choice.
- Training days from 1 – 4 days.
- Laptops and open WIFI can be supplied at an extra cost.
- Allows delegates to go back to their desks and have an immediate impact within your organisation.
- Provides knowledge to research individuals, companies, organisations and internet traffic safely and effectively.
- Efficient use of time by utilising current OSINT tools.
- Active search and monitoring of social media platforms.
- Locate, filter, and collect information and data more efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates the limitations, opportunities and risks associated with the use of open source information.
- Structured and efficient OSINT workflow.
- Enables the production of high-quality reports and briefings.
- Tried and tested approach to gathering and analysing relevant and useful information.
- Lectures on the theory.
- Trainer led instruction within a group.
- Practical exercises.
- Case studies.
Subjects covered in the training:
- Communication profiles.
- Planning online investigations.
- Understanding Internet architecture.
- Browser based tools.
- Free and paid-for OSINT products.
- Business & financial tools.
- Evidence capture tools.
- Anonymisation techniques.
- Setting up and using investigation profiles.
- Investigating email and email tracing.
- Basic and advanced searching techniques.
- Investigating websites and domains.
- Investigating digital images and video.
- Investigating social networking sites, forums and blogs.
- Use of databases and online services.
- Deep and dark web research techniques.
- Research of telephone numbers, addresses and individuals.
- Research of company and business information.
- Handling of Internet evidence.
- Money Laundering Reporting Officers.
- Risk & Compliance Teams.
- Brand Protection Teams.
- Close Protection Officers.
- Commercial Investigation Teams.
- Debt Collectors.
- Due Diligence Investigators.
- Enforcement Officers.
- Fraud and Corruption Investigators.
- Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Private Investigators.
- Professional Witnesses.
- Security & Intelligence Teams.
- Trading Standards Teams.
- A subject matter expert.
- Current practitioner.
- Skills and knowledge are updated every day.
- Pass on the most up-to-date methods and techniques.
Also provided with the course:
- Free Access to a comprehensive list of browser shortcuts for online research.
- Discounts for the book which compliments the training.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Courses usually supplied as 1 Day, 2 Day or 4 Day courses at a place of your choosing.
- Courses with practical application can be delivered up to 12 delegates.
- Computers with admin rights and open internet access can be provided.
- Also available as a lecture for larger groups, such as university students, management teams, board members or social groups.
- Bespoke courses available on request.
For more information and enquiries about training please contact Tony using the Contact Us page.